- City of London
Indirect Tax, Vice President / Director - Global VAT
Joining the Global Tax function you wil be managing Indirect Tax throughout the bank, including VAT, returns, indirect tax advisory, managing day to day relationships with tax authorities and executing indirect / VAT tax strategy throughout the bank globally.
YOU MUST HAVE a thorough understanding of how the / a BANK operates across different businesses and the ability to grasp complex issues and processes.
The successful candidate will be a qualified CTA, ACA or a qualified solicitor and have:
- A strong indirect tax (in particular VAT) technical knowledge, in particular in relation to financial services, and an appreciation of the interaction with other tax disciplines (e.g. transfer pricing, operational taxes)
- An ability to connect complex tax technical issues with practical and commercial application including the impact on compliance processes
- An understanding of tax planning and a desire to build on this
- The ability to apply VAT knowledge to identify VAT risks
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) coupled with the ability to articulate complex tax issues in a simple manner to tax or non-tax specialists
- The ability to identify issues requiring escalation
- An ability to identify wider consequences of a particular course of action
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable skill at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues within and outside the VAT and tax teams
- The ability to influence at a senior level
- The ability to collaborate with others and to work effectively in a high-performing team
- A demonstrated capability of integrity, initiative and commitment
If this is you then apply on the button today!
Email VAT"at"consultrpm"dot"com with any questions